- Color: undyed, natural
- Staple length: approx. 6-7cm
- Fineness: approx. 30-35mic
- Delivery: 100g of hand-weighed, braided and labeled combed top
- If you are interested in a quantity of more than 9 kg, please contact us to set up individual shipping
Wallachian breedspecific wool:
Wallachians belong to our traditionally bred breeds of sheep. Originally from the Balkan Peninsula, they came to us a few centuries ago with Wallachian colonization, and have stayed ever since.
Their wool is one of the coarser and longer types of wool, and it adds strength to the yarn, so for example, in the yarn for knitted socks, it replaces synthetic fiber.
In any case, you will also find different wool among Wallachian sheep - in Slovakia there are two officially differentiated breeds:
- original wallachian with coarse wool, often up to 30 cm long
- refined wallachian with shorter and finer, more flexible wool
The wool in our combed top belongs to the shorter spectrum - however, due to its roughness, it does not need much twist to be spun. It is therefore suitable for slippers or home accessories, gloves, socks, bags, tapestries, etc.
- We write more about wool maintenance HERE.
- We write more about the properties of sheep wool HERE.
- We write more about the Wallachian breedspecific wool HERE.